I recently made this lovely body butter for my family after seeing it on Wellness Mama’s blog. It is all natural- only four ingredients plus some essential oils.
I feel great using this on my children after baths and have a small jar of it on my desk at work.
A friend recently had a baby and this was the perfect gift, as well!
Whipped Body Butter Recipe
- ½ cup Shea Butter
- ½ cup Cocoa Butter or Mango Butter
- ½ cup Coconut Oil
- ½ cup light oil like almond, olive or jajoba
- Optional: Essential Oils for scent- I like using 10-30 drops depending on the essential oils used. Peppermint and Citrus/Lavender and favorites at our house.
- In a double boiler or glass bowl, combine all ingredients except essential oils.
- Bring to medium heat and stir constantly until all ingredients are melted.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Move to fridge and let cool another 1 hour or until starting to harden but still somewhat soft.
- Use a hand mixer to whip for 10 minutes until fluffy.
- Return to fridge for 10-15 minutes to set.
- Store in a glass jar with a lid and use as you would regular lotion or body butter. If your home stays above 75 degrees, it may soften and need to be kept at the fridge, but it will stay whipped at a temperature lower than that.